Global HR Systems
A global HR System has many advantages. Via data reporting the whole worldwide population can be included and the relevant management ratios can be determined. The often cumbersome way of data aggregation is invalid.
- Automated management ratios
- Global HR processes can be implemented with system support
- Manager Self-Service (MSS)
- Employee Self-Service (ESS)
- Global talent management
- Global training catalogue
- Booking of participants globally
- E-Learning can be rolled out world wide
- Qualification capture and tracking
- Succession planning without country boarders
- Performance Management in systematic and harmonized way
- Global HR service center feasible
There is no light without shadow. Therefore, there are also some disadvantages. These are on a global HR system on both technical and administrative sides.
The service window for a global system is very small, because of the time difference. Someone around the world is always working. The payroll is country dependent. This means that the system must always be kept up to date for all relevant countries. This can lead to increased upgrade/update costs.
This is only a small extract of what must be considered in global systems. Daniel Hasenfratz has accompanied many global processes and global HR systems in the definition and implementation phases.
Global HR Processes
Global HR Processes: In an international corporation similar or same processes are implemented differently over years or even decades. This leads to an accumulation of not harmonized processes within the corporation. There are negative side effects on a global view
- No global key figures available without manual consolidation.
- Processes like succession planning, education, performance management, etc. are only available on a local level. No global view at all.
That leads to a huge administrative effort which is cost-intensive.
Room for improvement:
- Harmonized and maybe simplified processes lead to a better acceptance and are an efficient method to deploy the existing resources to reach the defined goal.
- Cost savings are a most welcome side effect.
Every corporation has its own set of HR processes which can be globalized. For these processes a common ground is essential within the corporation to establish these processes properly.
Possible global HR processes:
- Performance management
- Succession management
- High potentials
Depending on the requirements it can be meaningful to assist these processes with a global HCM system.